TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300,000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2,700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D (including production styling), manufacturing and engineering operations.
Toyota Technical Center (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, design & styling, development, and production of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements.
Within our R&D-organisation, Styling division plays a key role in the early design and styling development of our future models.
- You will be part of a team that is responsible for the colour, fabric and coordination development for vehicle production and regional projects.
- You will work closely together with exterior/interior designers and engineers to:
- Research and forecast color trend for the future.
- Make concept for both, production and regional projects.
- Create new CMF (colour, material and finish) designs, and plan color style management for production and regional projects.
- Develop proposal models and mocks with stylists, modelers and model suppliers.
- Develop and realize color and fabric which secures both, styling and TME production quality.
- Control and follow up actual production.
- 2-5 years max. experience and preferably in the automotive design field.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in art, textiles, fashion, transportation or industrial design.
- A professional portfolio showing your most relevant work is required.
- Very good knowledge of fashion and automotive industry including current trends.
- Proven ability to create and develop concept, color, material, fabric and coordination.
- Good project management skills.
- Graphic software experience. You master Photoshop; Illustrator knowledge is preferred.
- Skilled in different types of visualization/animation software is preferred.
- You have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- You speak fluently English (TME business language). Other languages are a plus.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Courage: you are ready to let go of the easy path to reach challenging targets.
- Collaboration: you are a team player, respectful and inclusive in your style and you take a customer-oriented approach.
- Creativity: your passion drives you to explore innovative ideas and challenge the impossible.
- Curiosity: you combine imagination and fact-based observation.
- Coaching: you share knowledge and feedback with your colleagues and celebrate each other’s success.
Place of employment:
- Belgium – Brussels (Zaventem): Toyota Motor Europe – Technical Center
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Your commitment will be rewarded with a comprehensive renumeration package, including a bonus scheme and interesting extra-legal benefits. We provide flexibility to take care of both your career and your personal life by providing hybrid work environment with structural possibility to both work from home & collaborate in the office. You can also take your work abroad for up to 20 days/year.
We look forward to receiving your application. Only applications accompanied by a professional portfolio and CV (written in English) will be considered. A PDF document or digital link to your personal website (such as Behance or similar) included in your CV are also acceptable.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
At Toyota Motor Europe, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all. All of our recruitment decisions are based on the individual and their qualifications along with the job requirements. The selection process is without regard to nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, ethnicity, disability or other personal characteristics. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination as our individual experiences and overall diversity is our key strength. Together we have the power to make a positive change and go beyond the ordinary.
If you need any specific consideration for the interview process due to disability or any other reason, please let the recruiter know.
#CMF #Designer #Specialist #Toyota #Motor #Europe